Board Policy 3320
District Credit Card
At the request of the Superintendent, a District credit card shall be issued to the Superintendent to be utilized for the purchase of budgeted expenditures. The Board shall be notified of this action.
When the Superintendent is no longer employed with the District, the credit card shall be returned and cancelled.
The Superintendent or designee may approve the issuance of a procurement card to designated staff members to be utilized for the purchase of budgeted expenditures.
When such designated staff member is no longer employed by the District, the procurement card shall be returned and cancelled.
In addition to the other limitations contained in this and other Board policies, District credit and procurement cards are governed by the following restrictions:
- Credit and/or procurement cards may only be used to pay certain job-related expenses or to make purchases on behalf of the Board or District or any student activity fund, or for purposes that would otherwise be addressed through a conventional revolving fund.
- The Superintendent or designee shall instruct the issuing bank to block the cards’ use at unapproved merchants.
- The Superintendent shall limit the amount each cardholder may charge in a single purchase or within a given month and inform the issuing bank of these limitations.
- The consequences for unauthorized purchases include, but are not limited to, reimbursing the District for the purchase amount, loss of cardholding privileges, and, if made by an employee, discipline up to and including discharge.
- All cardholders must sign a statement affirming that they are familiar with this policy.
- Cardholders must submit the original, itemized receipt to document all purchases.
- No individual may use a District credit or procurement card to make purchases in a manner contrary to State law, including, but not limited to, the bidding and other purchasing requirements in 105 ILCS 5/10-20.21, or any Board policy.
- The Superintendent or designee shall account for any financial or material reward or rebate offered by the company or institution issuing the District credit or procurement card and shall ensure that it is used for the District’s benefit.