Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Who is the PTO?
The PTO is a group of parents working together to enhance the junior high experience. We assist parents in their endeavor to educate children and have an improved understanding and connection with the school! We are the communication tool between administrators, teachers, parents and students.
What does the PTO do?
- Manages an estimated budget of $5,000-$10,000
- Gives each staff member funds each school year to enhance student experiences
- Organizes & coordinates staff appreciation luncheon and student recognition breakfast
- Funds 8th grade field trip, including t-shirts and bus transportation
- Sponsor activities and fundraisers to raise money for Jefferson and its students
Why get involved?
- Get connected with parents and school happenings
- Keep abreast of PTO activities and volunteer opportunities
- Bring new ideas to life
- Help create a strong parent and student community
- Show support for school and your children
- Create new and lasting experiences
How do I get involved?
- Attend monthly meetings
- Contact any Board member
- Support fundraising efforts of PTO
- Sign up to volunteer when notices are e-mailed