Considerations for Active Military

Relationship to Student and Proof of Identity

  • Military Personnel Enrolling a Student for the First Time in the District

    Must provide one of the following within 60 days after the date of student's initial enrollment:

    • Postmarked mail addressed to military personnel
    • Lease agreement for occupancy
    • Proof of ownership of residence


    Military Personnel with Legal Custody of a Child who Want to Keep the Child Enrolled in the District Despite Having Changed Residence Due to a Military Service Obligation

    Upon submitting a written request, the student's residence will be deemed to be unchanged for the duration of the custodian's military service obligation. The District, however, is not responsible for the student's transportation to or from school.


    Military Personnel Placing Nonresident Child with Non-Custodial Parent While on Active Military Duty

    A student will not be charged tuition while he or she is placed with a non-custodial parent (a person who has temporary custody of a child of active duty military personnel and who is responsible for making decisions for the child). Must provide any "special power of attorney" created by the student's parent/guardian for the District to follow. A special power of attorney authorizes: (1) the student to enroll in a district of the non-custodial parent and (2) the non-custodial parent to make decisions for the student. Any special power of attorney will be filed in the student's temporary record.