Board Policy 6510
Grading and Promotion
The Superintendent shall establish a system of grading and reporting academic achievement to students and their parents/guardians. The system shall also determine when promotion and graduation requirements are met. The decision to promote a student to the next grade level shall be based on successful completion of the curriculum, attendance, and performance based on Illinois required assessments, or other testing. A student shall not be promoted based upon age or any other social reason not related to academic performance. The administration shall determine remedial assistance for a student who is not promoted.
Every teacher shall maintain an evaluation record for each student in the teacher’s classroom. A District administrator cannot change the final grade assigned by the teacher without notifying the teacher. Reasons for changing a student’s final grade include:
- A miscalculation of test scores,
- A technical error in assigning a particular grade or score,
- The teacher agrees to allow the student to do extra work that may impact the grade,
- An inappropriate grading system used to determine the grade, or
- An inappropriate grade based on an appropriate grading system.
Should a grade change be made, the administrator making the change must sign the changed record.