Goals of the Gifted Program
The goals of the Gifted Services Program for Woodridge School District 68 are as follows:
- Provide direction, time, encouragement and resources to gifted students to maximize their potential.
- Provide a coordinated, continuous, district-wide gifted education program.
- Provide differentiated, enriched instruction and curriculum for identified students, which develops high level thinking skills and problem solving abilities.
- Provide appropriate staff development for faculty and administration in the areas of identification and instructional delivery to gifted students.
- Provide ways to deliver information to parents of students in the gifted program.
- Systematically evaluate the program.