Residency Information

Students must live within district boundaries

  • RETURNING STUDENTS: Returning student residency for the upcoming school year will be verified electronically, and investigators from National Investigations, Inc. will follow up with those that cannot be initially verified. Parents and guardians of returning students will receive notice over the summer with the results of the residency verification if necessary and indicate next steps if any. Most families will not receive a letter.


    KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS: Kindergarten students are new students to the district, regardless of whether they have siblings who already attend Woodridge 68 schools.


    NEW STUDENTS: Anyone seeking to enroll a new student must complete the General Residency Form and provide the required supporting documentation. One document from each of the following categories is required to complete the registration process. All documents must be current (within the last 30 days) and show your name and address. Documents may be uploaded during the registration process or presented to the school. To guard your security, please block out account and social security numbers on the documents before you present them.


    Not sure what school your child will attend or even if you live in Woodridge 68 boundaries?

    Click the image above and enter your address in the search bar.

  • Category 1 (one document required)

    • Real estate tax bill
    • Signed lease
    • Mortgage document or payment
    • Military housing letter
    • Section 8 letter


    Category 2 (two documents required)

    • Utility bill (gas, electric, water/sewer)
    • Phone bill (not mobile phone)
    • Cable bill
    • Vehicle registration
    • Bank statement
    • Credit card statement
    • Paycheck stub
    • Public aid card
    • Medicaid card
    • Food stamp card

      Active Military

      • Military Personnel Enrolling a Student for the First Time in the District

        Must provide one of the following within 60 days after the date of student's initial enrollment:

        • Postmarked mail addressed to military personnel
        • Lease agreement for occupancy
        • Proof of ownership of residence


        Military Personnel with Legal Custody of a Child who Want to Keep the Child Enrolled in the District Despite Having Changed Residence Due to a Military Service Obligation

        Upon submitting a written request, the student's residence will be deemed to be unchanged for the duration of the custodian's military service obligation. The District, however, is not responsible for the student's transportation to or from school.


        Military Personnel Placing Nonresident Child with Non-Custodial Parent While on Active Military Duty

        A student will not be charged tuition while he or she is placed with a non-custodial parent (a person who has temporary custody of a child of active duty military personnel and who is responsible for making decisions for the child). Must provide any "special power of attorney" created by the student's parent/guardian for the District to follow. A special power of attorney authorizes: (1) the student to enroll in a district of the non-custodial parent and (2) the non-custodial parent to make decisions for the student. Any special power of attorney will be filed in the student's temporary record.



      • Each child of a homeless individual and each homeless youth has equal access to the same free, appropriate public education, as provided to other children and youths, including a public preschool education. 


        A “homeless child” is defined as provided in the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act and the Illinois Education for Homeless Children Act. Homeless students include, but are not limited to, children or youth sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship or a similar reason (commonly referred to as being “doubled up”) and students who are otherwise not residing in a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence.


        Any homeless child shall be immediately admitted, even if the child or child’s parent/guardian is unable to produce records normally required to establish residency. A homeless student must be immediately enrolled in any of the following:

        1. the school in which he or she was enrolled when permanently housed (“school of origin”); or
        2. the school in which he or she was last enrolled (“school of origin”); or
        3. any public school that non-homeless students who live in the attendance area in which the homeless student is living are eligible to attend.


        See also: Board Policy 6340: Education of Homeless Children


        Woodridge 68 homeless liaison:

        Dr. Anne Bowers

        Director of Special Education



        DuPage County Community Resource Information System (DuPage CRIS) has numerous resources for families experiencing homelessness or other needs.  Click here to learn more: DuPage CRIS