Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Who is the PTO?
The PTO is a group of parents working together to enhance the junior high experience. We assist parents in their endeavor to educate children and have an improved understanding & connection with the school! We are the communication tool between Administrators, Teachers, Parents, & Students.
How Do I Get Involved?
- Attend Monthly Meetings
- Contact any Board Member
- Support Fundraising Efforts of PTO
- Sign up to volunteer when notices are e-mailed
Why Get Involved?
- Get connected with parents and school happenings
- Keep abreast of PTO activities and volunteer opportunities
- Bring new ideas to life
- Help create a strong parent and student community
- Show support of school and your children
- Create New and lasting experiences
What Does the PTO Do?
- Manages an estimated budget of $5,000-$10,000
- Gives each staff member $50 per school year to enhance student experiences
- Organizes & coordinates staff appreciation luncheon, student recognition breakfast and graduation
- Funds 8th grade field trip, t-shirts, & bus transportation
- Sponsor activities and fundraisers to raise money for Jefferson School and its students (sales of magazines, butter-braids, cookie dough, no cook nights, etc)
Follow us on Facebook!
The JJHS PTO meets one evening per month from 5:30-6:30pm in the Jefferson Conference Room. Dates will be posted on the Jefferson Calendar. During COVID 19, meetings may be done remotely.
Lori Spisak, President