School social work is about problem solving. It is a way for students to learn how to be academically successful, socially responsible, responsive, goal-oriented, open-minded, and non-judgmental in a safe and caring environment.
Social Worker Goals, Values, and Beliefs:
- Recognize the worth and dignity of each student
- Respect the individual potential of each student and support the individual's aspirations to attain his/her maximum potential
- Support and develop the student as a whole person
- Respect that each student is a unique learner
- Encourage students to be self-advocates, to be open, honest, and empathetic
- To connect students, families, school, and the community