Student health services are an integral part of Woodridge 68’s educational program which provides the following services:
- Formal instruction in health and safety
- First aid by qualified personnel
- Vision and hearing screening
- Emergency procedures
The District Nurse provides the schools with accurate health information regarding state requirements as well as district policies. Each school has a Health Aide to monitor daily student needs, such as reporting absences, treating minor illness and injury, administering medication, etc.
Each Woodridge 68 school has a health office staffed by a health aide. Health aides are here to help:
- address illness/injury concerns
- provide basic first aid
- administer prescription medication as directed by physicians
- collaborate with our district nurses, and
- provide comfort care to children (e.g. ice packs, band-aids, etc.)
Questions may be directed to the District Nurse, Cindy Dore, RN, PEL-CSN, via email or by calling 630-795-6839.