Remote Learning Plan
Keeping student and staff health and safety a highest priority, Woodridge School District 68 is working to best replicate a normal school environment and educational experience for the 2020-21 school year. In furtherance of this goal, the school year will begin with fully remote learning for all students. A transition to some in-person instruction at a later date to be determined is planned as more information becomes available regarding the health risks of student interaction in school.
- Elementary students will be engaged with remote learning activities five (5) hours a day Monday-Friday from 8:30am-2:55pm.
- Junior high students will be engaged with remote learning activities five (5) hours a day Monday-Friday from 8:58am-3:25pm.
- This time will include a combination of live instruction (synchronous), on-demand learning (asynchronous), and independent learning and practice. For more details, see the sample schedules.
- Daily lessons in reading, writing, math, science, social emotional learning
- Daily live instruction opportunities
- Daily computerized individual skill development
- Art, music, PE and library included for elementary
- Exploratories and PE included for junior high
- Special Education, Multilingual Services, Gifted Services continue
- Ongoing parental support provided
- Chromebooks for all students K-8
In accordance with ISBE reporting requirements, attendance will be taken every day.
- Attendance will be taken by teachers and entered into Skyward during each live session
- Parents of students who do not participate in live sessions will need to report their child’s attendance via email to the classroom teacher by 10:00pm each evening
- Parents will be expected to call the school office if a child is going to be absent from instruction that day
Students will be graded on work assigned during remote learning activities based upon student learning and level of understanding.
In an effort to streamline the communication parents receive from the classroom, all grade levels will utilize Google Classroom this year. Look for information from your child’s teacher to get started. Resources and tutorials for Google Classroom will be available here on the district’s COVID-19 website.
Elementary parents will also be able to view their student’s weekly schedule at the beginning of each week. The week-at-a-glance will be posted here on the district’s COVID-19 website.
Activities & Athletics
In the interest of student and staff health and safety and in consideration of the school year starting with remote learning, student activities and athletics will not take place as usual.
- All elementary after-school programming is canceled through at least the first two trimesters.
- All junior high activities are canceled through at least the first semester.
- The fall season of junior high athletics has been canceled.
- Band and chorus are canceled through at least the first semester.