Academic Transformation Plan
Woodridge School District 68 has developed an Academic Transformation Plan that focuses on individual student growth and preparing students to be college and career ready. This comprehensive plan was developed in line with the district’s strategic goals to ensure that all students achieve their social, emotional, and academic potential and serves as the focus for district activities.
The Academic Transformation Plan was developed as a model of continuous improvement, driving all decisions around district programs and policies in the areas of teaching & learning, human resources, financial responsibility and community engagement. This model allows for complete alignment of the strategic goals and ongoing objectives throughout our district and schools.
Strategic Goals & Objectives
Teaching & Learning
Woodridge School District 68 will further develop our comprehensive plan to ensure that all students achieve their social, emotional, and academic potential.
- Continue to focus on using co-teaching as an instructional tool to better challenge students with individualized education plans to perform at high levels
- Resume special program audit cycle and focus on all aspects of gifted services, from early entrance to grade-level acceleration to advanced placement at Jefferson Junior High
- Implement after-school programming options within the area of world languages
Woodridge School District 68 will continue to maintain our rigorous standard of excellence by recruiting, employing, and supporting high-quality staff.
- Complete final implementation of cloud-based, electronic human resources system
- Update and digitalize our evaluation systems for support staff.
Woodridge School District 68 will strive to maintain the most efficient and effective use of district funds by directing and monitoring the fund balances and making recommendations to the Board for each school year regarding revenue and expenditures so as to maintain the financial stability of the School District.
- Complete the RFP/bid process for food service in order to recommend a food service provider who best meets the needs of our school district at an affordable price, while using the new food service bidding law and requirements.
- Continuation of updated five-year capital improvement plan; complete the major summer and fall construction projects for Year 3 (roofs, solar, HVAC, gym soundproofing, site improvements and office/library renovations) and begin design planning and cost development for year 4 (2024) and year 5 (2025) projects.
- Continue to improve cash management and investment program
Woodridge School District 68 will provide consistent and effective communication to all community stakeholders.
Begin the implementation of a new district website due to Blackboard’s acquisition by Finalsite and sunsetting of current platform.
- Design, development, content migration and training on new website platform
- Design, development, content migration and training on new employee/staff portal (StaffHUB)
- Implementation of new accessibility tool for website
- Implementation of new translation services for website