Academic Transformation Plan
Woodridge School District 68 has developed an Academic Transformation Plan that focuses on individual student growth and preparing students to be college and career ready. This comprehensive plan was developed in line with the district’s strategic goals to ensure that all students achieve their social, emotional, and academic potential and serves as the focus for district activities.
The Academic Transformation Plan was developed as a model of continuous improvement, driving all decisions around district programs and policies in the areas of teaching & learning, human resources, financial responsibility and community engagement. This model allows for complete alignment of the strategic goals and ongoing objectives throughout our district and schools.
Strategic Goals & Objectives
Teaching & Learning
Woodridge School District 68 will further develop our comprehensive plan to ensure that all students achieve their social, emotional, and academic potential.
- Continue to implement Culturally Responsive Teaching and Leading Standards
- Implement prioritized areas of the special education audit
- Commence the gifted audit
- Explore K-8 Spanish language program
Woodridge School District 68 will continue to maintain our rigorous standard of excellence by recruiting, employing, and supporting high-quality staff.
- Continued implementation of cloud-based, electronic human resources system
- Transition human resources into a more comprehensive department by creating an HR Director and HR Assistant position and adding a District secretary, to improve recruitment, selection and performance strategies
Woodridge School District 68 will strive to maintain the most efficient and effective use of district funds by directing and monitoring the fund balances and making recommendations to the Board for each school year regarding revenue and expenditures so as to maintain the financial stability of the School District.
- Continue to implement the 2022-2023 capital investment plan
- Explore the efficiency and effectiveness of implementing solar energy in the district
- Continued Implementation of financial investment strategy
Woodridge School District 68 will provide consistent and effective communication to all community stakeholders.
- Complete re-design and re-organization of District website and school sites, with the addition of latest technology
- Add text capabilities to our Blackboard mass communications for both District and schools