Woodridge 68 is committed to the professional development of our staff from day one.
Embracing new staff
- New teacher orientation week
- Structured 2-year mentorship program
Collaborating with others
- Collaboration time built into the day
- Weekly school meetings
- Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
- Building-level support
- Team collaboration/planning time
Learning from colleagues
- Full-time instructional coach at each school
- District-wide coaches in the areas of literacy, math, technology
- Learning Resource Specialists
- Full-day collaboration/coaching opportunities
- School improvement days
- Department training
- Internal University
Opportunities for individual growth
- Lane change opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
What our staff have to say...
"The new teacher orientation week was very impactful in giving me tools and insight into my new school year. I have also been impacted by my mentor program, the gifted training, and collaborative work time as a grade level with the district math specialist."
Hannah Tyler, 4th grade teacher
Meadowview Elementary School
"Cooperative learning training (both in-district and through Kagan) has truly helped me grow as an educator and instructional leader. The Cooperative Meetings PD opened my eyes to utilizing Kagan for shared decision-making, active engagement, and professional dialogue. I also love that we offer Internal University. I participated in the PEC (Positive Educator Course), which helped me grow as an educator, parent, and spouse. Lastly, I like that we have some autonomy in attending PD that aligns with our School Improvement Plan goals and building needs."
Sara Kash, Principal
Edgewood Elementary School